Delivering Hazardous and difficult waste solutions are at our core and we’ve been safely and compliantly dealing with them for over 25 years.
Offering an in-house service, through one point of contact for both hazardous and non-hazardous wastes 24 hours a day 7 days a week to meet your requirements.
Acumen provide nationwide coverage for the containment and disposal of contaminated PPE, RPE and other workwear used during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Acumen promote safe working practices to ensure your protection and to minimise the risk of spreading infection. We adopt and recommend a number of control measures.
- Keep hands away from face
- Change gloves frequently
- Always clean hands after removing gloves
- Regularly clean common contact surfaces
- Limit surfaces touched in the patient environment
- Ensure soap and fresh water is readily available
- Provide hand sanitiser where hand washing facilities are unavailable
- Re-usable PPE/RPE should be thoroughly cleaned after use and not shared between workers
- Single use PPE, RPE and workwear should be disposed of so that it cannot be reused
- Provide suitable and sufficient rubbish bins for hand towels with regular removal and disposal.
PPE, RPE and workwear can include but is not limited to;
- Masks (Surgical and non-surgical)
- Eye protection (goggles/face shields and glasses)
In addition to providing appropriate containers for waste containment and subsequent disposal, we attend to individual waste collection requirements including the provision of drums, IBC’s and wheelie bins. Ensuring your safety and compliance is our number one priority