Job Description Summary:
Driving and operating specialist vacuum tanker vehicles.
Principal daily activity will include servicing the needs (planned and reactive) of Acumen, ensuring all work is undertaken to a high standard and in a safe and compliant way; ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Implement and abide by the EU Driver Hour rules (Regulation (EC) 561/2006) and Working Time Directive at all times
- Supervising the loading and unloading of hazardous and non-hazardous waste from customer sites and disposal sites
- Complete daily vehicle inspections in line with Company procedures; reporting any defects or damage to the Transport Manager
- Administration of daily paperwork; time sheets, consignment/ waste transfer notes, weighbridge tickets etc.
- To observe and comply with all safety notices and signs to ensure that all work is carried out in a safe and proper manner
- Set up pipe work and fittings, and move pipes on and off vehicles
- Incident reporting in line with compliance requirements; i.e. spillages, accidents, near miss reporting
- Be an ambassador for the company including maintaining a professional working relationship with customers, members of the public and colleagues
- Adhering to health and safety rules and on Acumen and client premises
As LGV C+E ADR Vacuum Tanker Driver you will:
- Have a valid driver CPC card as proof of completing 35 hours of driver CPC training
- Hold a valid driving licence that has a C+E entitlement
- Hold a valid ADR licence
- Have a valid and working digital tachograph driver card
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed. i.e. topping up oil on pumps, emptying catch tanks etc
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have good attention to detail
- Employ a flexible attitude (some weekend and night work will be required)
- Be hard-working and flexible
- Be able to use initiative
We have roles available in Knottingley/Immingham/Teesside and pay £11.25 per hour normal time. Premium rates apply for weekend and Bank Holiday working.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com