Job Purpose Summary:
Driving and operating specialist hook lift vehicles equipped with trailers
- Principal daily activity will include servicing the needs (planned and reactive) of Acumen, ensuring all work is undertaken to a high standard and in a safe and compliant way; ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Implement and abide by the EU Driver Hour rules (Regulation (EC) 561/2006) and Working Time Directive at all times.
- Undertake and complete vehicle inspections in line with Company procedures; reporting any defects or damage to the Transport Manager in a timely manner.
- Supervising the loading and unloading of waste containers from customer sites and disposal sites while adhering to health and safety rules and on site rules.
- Administration of daily paperwork; time sheets, consignment/ waste transfer notes, weighbridge tickets etc.
- To observe and comply with all safety notices and signs to ensure that all work is carried out in a safe and proper manner.
- Incident reporting in line with compliance requirements; i.e. spillages, accidents, near miss reporting.
- Maintaining a professional working relationship with customers, members of the public and colleagues.
- To complete any additional ‘reasonable’ task or request made by a manager or director of Acumen outside those set out in this document.
As LGV C+E ADR Hook Lift Driver you will:
- Have a valid driver CPC card as proof of completing 35 hours of driver CPC training
- Hold a valid driving licence that has a C+E entitlement
- Hold a valid ADR licence
- Have a valid and working digital tachograph driver card
- Adhere to Company policies
- Follow Company procedures at all times
- Work in a professional manner that will bring credit to Acumen. This can be done by – being punctual, tidy in appearance, well mannered, polite and courteous to customers and other Acumen employees at all times
- Maintain a clean environment inside and outside of the truck
- Wear a company issued uniform shirt
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed. i.e. topping up oil on pumps, emptying catch tanks etc.
- Have excellent problem solving skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have good attention to detail
- Employ a flexible attitude (some weekend and night work will be required)
- Be hard-working
- Be able to use your own initiative
- Be able to pick things up quickly
- Be able to manage a diverse workload
The suitable candidate will have previous hook lift/drawbar experience, hold an ADR and Class 1 licence and be willing to night out up to 5 times per week.
This role is based in Wolverhampton and pays £11.25 per hour.
Please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com