Location – Nationwide
In line with our expansion plan, we are now seeking a proven Business Development Manager to join our experienced Hazardous Waste sales team. This job is not for the faint-hearted; you will need to be an out-and-out salesperson, hungry for the win and have a demonstrable background in hazardous waste sales.
Ideally, you will be geographically based in the South (all southerly regions up to, and including, the Midlands). You will work to Acumen’s ethos of “Customer First”, with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to go over and above to deliver results.
You will have a demonstrable ability to motivate and encourage your teams to over-achieve targets and be able to problem solve on a daily basis.
Acumen is one of the fastest growing privately owned waste management operators in the UK. Not only will you have the support from our network of sites across the UK, but you will also quickly become part of the Acumen family. We want you to succeed and to do this you will have the full support of the central services team based in Knottingley.
• Lead from the front to develop new and existing business opportunities, managing all aspects of the company’s interaction with their customer, ensuring exemplar levels of accuracy, compliance, customer service and commerciality [focus particularly on hazardous packaged and bulk waste/s].
• Increase sales (existing and new business) into the company’s own waste facilities.
• Maximise repeat business, enhancing Acumen’s offering to the customer at all stages.
• Ensure that, at all stages of the sales and delivery process, margin-enhancement opportunities are explored and utilised.
• Manage, develop, and progress with new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
• Be the primary point of contact for nominated Customer related enquiries.
• Ensure Client satisfaction.
• Fulfil orders in a timely and efficient manner.
• Field customer enquiries and resolve customer complaints.
• Streamline business operations in terms of the services supplied to the customer.
• Identify and target sales prospects and establish contact with such prospects and other accounts as assigned.
• Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts to be delivered to internal and external parties.
• Follow the delivery process through to ensure that Acumen delivers the right service in a timely and commercially effective manner. And track shipments to ensure that delivery occurs in a timely fashion.
Please apply with your CV to HR@acumenwaste.co.uk
Download job description – 20_11_AW_JobSpec_BusinessDevelopmentManager